Friday, June 21, 2013

DEALING WITH SUMMER HAIR

I don't know about you guys, but my hair really likes to freak out during the summer. During my more awkward days (haha like I'm not awkward now) in high school the parking lot for underclassmen was legit about a ten minute walk from the school, and once you finally made it on campus, was a lot of outside hallways and walking paths anyways. Most of the time in August and September I wouldn't even try because I knew that my hair would literally be a hot mess before I even got to first period. Self esteem = 0. Now that I'm older, have lived in Tennessee and have learned a lot about my hair, I try to tame the mane during the summertime, and am trying some new tricks this year thanks to some inspiration from Kate from The Small Things Blog.


Since I haven't actually tried most of these products and I'm trying to stay on a budget, I bought most of them in travel size to start. My picks are:

1. Pureology Hydrate/Hydrate Light Shampoo and Conditioner. An everyday hydrating system, vegan and sulfate-free! 

2. Redken Extreme Conditioner. My hair is pretty fine, and being outside a lot in the summertime seems to encourage it to break and become dried out. I'm hoping that this and Redken Extreme Cat will help guard against some of that breakage. 

3. Kenra Volume 25. Hairspray for all day hold through the heat and humidity.

Updates later on how they work!

What are some of your summer beauty savers? 

xoxo. Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!