Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Butter

Growing up in sunny Orlando, I wouldn't exactly say that I grew up "southern". In the south? Yes. But not very "southern" (And to anyone who wishes to say otherwise, please drive toward the airport and count the number of billboards that you read in Spanish). My dad, however, spent most of his growing up years in Charlotte, North Carolina, and between growing up with him and his brother just a street away and many trips to see my Aunt Bee (aka a prettier Paula Deen), I certainly got a taste of what Southern cooking was like. They did southern right: shoo fly pie, okra and tomatoes in the skillet, cornbread and, maybe not my favorite, livermush, for breakfast! One of my dad's favorites to bring home from a trip up to North Carolina was always apple butter, so this fall I decided to try my own hand at apple butter in my newest addition to my kitchen, my crock pot.






The recipe can be found here, and would be delicious in this apple butter pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Happy fall savoring on this Thanksgiving eve!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!