Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ephesians 5

Yesterday, I got a new sister. And she was absolutely radiant.

You grow up hearing about brides on their wedding day, the emotion, the fleeting moments, the love, but until it is your own brother and you get to spend the whole day with his beautiful bride, you don't really get that. This spring I spent an entire semester reading a book by Marion Jordan called "Radiant", and one of the biggest metaphors that she used was that of a bride on her wedding day. Yesterday I saw radiance in Keely and it was reflected in Clark's eyes.



"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...


and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 



For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,


and the two will become one flesh."
-excerpts from Ephesians 5

Sending so much love to this new family celebrating in St. Augustine on their honeymoon this week. I can't wait to see photos from this beautiful day!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!