Sunday, May 12, 2013

GRADUATION


This Friday, my whole family (including a surprise brother! Thanks Adam!) flew/drove/made it to Nashville to celebrate the end of my undergraduate career and the start of a new adventure: my post-grad life. The days leading up to the big day were hectic: lots of packing, lots of squeezing in lasts and lots of praying for good weather. Graduation day itself seemed just as hectic, but in a totally different sense. It was a blur of about fifteen hundred undergraduate names, hundreds (literally) of pictures, and lots of laughter, all laced with the realization that this is really the end of my life as I know it.

I know that my life will go on to be so much bigger, so much crazier, than my four years that I have spent at Vanderbilt, but for now I just want to spend some time being grateful about the past instead of obsessing about the future. Thinking about the girl that I was coming into school August 2009, it is truly only through the work of a gracious Savior that I am the woman that I am today. A woman of purpose, a woman who has learned what it means to struggle and trust and live faithfully, who tries to live selflessly and understand things that are bigger than herself.

For the next few days, I just want to spend some time resting in a good God. Life isn't slowing down, but it is now more than ever a priority I'm making.


Lots of love from a proud sister ready to watch her brother graduate tomorrow,

Abby

1 comment:

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!