Thursday, May 23, 2013

SUMMER PROJECTS


With some free time on my hands the next couple of weeks, it looks like I will have time to dive into some fun summer projects! I always find that during periods of time like this where I don't have the structure of school or full-time work that it's really good to make goals and to stretch my creativity more than I usually get to do.

While I'm not 100% committed to all of these projects yet, it is TOO FUN to brainstorm all the ways I can invest my time this summer. Here are a few of the ideas that I've come across, in addition to the million projects that I'm eager to work on on my Pinterest boards as well.


My mom and I have both signed up for Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club! By the end we hope to have had a lot of fun stitching summer patterns and have a little quilt to show for it.

I've been eyeing the e-courses that A Beautiful Mess created a few years ago and this summer would be great to dive into a few! I'm looking at this Blog Design e-course, but some of the others look fantastic as well.


For my stitching project and for general life skills I have been wanting to take a sewing class for a while now. I'm looking into actual classes at studios in my area, but I love Raechel Myer's tutorials as a fun way to get started.


Speaking of classes, I'm looking into the best way to learn Photoshop this summer too! Some fun projects that I have done on Photoshop Elements have come from tutorials done by Pugly Pixel. These tutorials would be an awesome creative boost for Photoshop skills this summer.


And of course, this summer I will be continuing to dive in to the studies put on by She Reads Truth. Right now we're covering Nehemiah and it is really doing good things for my heart.

What are some of your goals for the summer? Let me know in the comments below!

Riding those good planning vibes,

Abby




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!