Sunday, July 14, 2013

on living in a new city.

17/52

It's been four years since I've moved to a new city, started all over. It's only the second time in my life that I've ever had to do it, and so for the past couple of weeks I've forgotten what that feels like. I use my GPS to get everywhere because I'm still figuring out how to get places. I still kind of feel like I'm visiting a lot of places, not really at home yet. There's no freshman orientation this time, but there is a lot of meeting new people. There are a lot of wonderful things too. Discovering new restaurants and making a new list of the places we've gone to from the Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh food lover's guide. Finding a thrift store down the street where they boast nearly a collection of great vintage shoes. And of course, this time around, I have a really wonderful person named Brandon who is making this transition a million times easier than it is for so many who start over in a new place. And for that, I am humbled and oh so grateful to be here (even if I am still partially living out of my car ;) ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!