Friday, January 4, 2013

52

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. As a new blogger of sorts, it's a great way that I've found to be inspired to be more creative with this space and to become a better blogger. One in particular that I've been following more closely lately is A Beautiful Mess. Elsie and Emma are both amazingly creative and make me more so, for which I am so grateful!

One thing that I have been thinking about a lot with this new year is working on a creative project that will challenge me to do more photography. Last year, I attempted a 365 project called "From Where I'm Standing". It was basically a shot of my feet, wherever they were traveling that day. It was a cool project (although it never got completed), but being in the stage of life that I am a 365 project just didn't seem right for this year. So instead, I have decided to do a photo project every week, which will amount to 52 weeks in total. And the subject? Me! (again). 52 self portraits in 2013.

My goal with this project is that I would not only be challenged in taking photos, but in being in photos.  I hope that being the subject of so many photographs this year will stretch me past my limits behind the camera.

So, for the first week in January, a self-portrait.


1/52

Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you a while ago how much i love this. Such a challenge, I'm dreadful at self-portraits. Yours have all been lovely so far. (and not only because you, yourself, are one of God's most adorable creatures.)

    much love,
    mj

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!