Thursday, August 22, 2013

sushi bowls!


Call me crazy, but I think in another life I was Japanese.

...

Ok so sushi! We all love it (well, most of us do...right Regan?), we all hate how the good stuff is so expensive, we all can't look cute and go out to eat all of the time, amirite? Enter: the sushi bowl. Deconstructed sushi. In a bowl. And then in your stomach.

This would be such fun food for a dinner party because it's so customizable! Literally take whatever ingredients you normally like in your sushi, put it over a bed of rice, and add your favorite seasonings. I kept this version sweet and simple. I could also see it being amazing with rice vinegar instead of teriyaki sauce, cucumbers, strawberries, pineapple, ginger, wasabi, raw tuna or salmon, daikon, crumbled nori sheets, lime mayo, you get the picture.



Sushi bowls (makes one)

1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 large carrot, chopped lengthwise
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 green onion, whites only, sliced and minced
2 "legs" imitation crab meat, diced
And to taste:
Sesame seeds
Sriracha
Soy sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Light mayo
Ponzu (fish sauce)

Layer ingredients in a bowl over hot or cold rice. Nom so hard.

xoxo.

Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel like Miss America!